Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Accessing a CentOS 7 server running on Virtual Box from outside

Recently while I am pursuing DevOps, I did CentOS 7 to practice Jenkins.
After the installation of  Tomcat, I wanted to access tomcat or other applications from outside of VM(my local machine).

These are the commands I executed in CentOS to access servers from outside of the VM.

1.      In the VM network settings, using 'Bridged Adapter'.
2.      Turn on the port of CenOS7: using the following command in terminal(for example port 8080): 
$ firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=8080/tcp
$ firewall-cmd --reload

This solved my issue and I am able to access the servers/application URLs from outside of the CentOS


Happy learning ☺

1 comment:

  1. According to Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 KG less than we do.

    (And really, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING around "HOW" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    TAP on this link to determine if this little test can help you unlock your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete